Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Green Tea and Sweet Bean

I have been counting the days. The day I had my hands on the Green Tea and Sweet Beans pattern book by Jen Kingwell all the way from Australia, I was excited then realized it was done all by hand. I expected as much but to confirm that, I went "Oops!"


However, the more I looked at it , I just had to do it. By the third day, I was completely hooked on the Green Tea and Sweet Bean. But I did change one thing. I was doing it by machine. Now I am exhilarated to conclude that this project can totally be done either by machine or by hand.


My goal was to finish it in a month. It was ambitious, I know. I finished it the day before the Thanksgiving, a week longer than my plan but not too bad. I felt marathoners high or rather "quilter's high". I could not even begin to put in words how I felt, looking at my accomplishments. 
I was able to sleep in next morning, first time in 6 weeks. Tomorrow, this goes up in the design wall at the Sewing Party. Then I will adore it with full enjoyment.



I have not decided on the border and quilting design yet. As soon as the whole quilt is done, you will be the first to view it. So see you back here soon!

(Posting by Cecile)

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas!
    this is a beautiful quilt, do you still have the free patterns?
    Can I get a copy?
    I love this type of pattern, with needleturn applique...
    Take care, Leslie

    ReplyDelete